Did you know that less than 1 percent of those with Alzheimer’s develop it because of a rare genetic mutation? According to experts, that suggests that the remaining 99% of the Alzheimer’s population could’ve potentially prevented or dramatically slowed down the progression of the disease. “This doesn’t make sense,” you say. “Why then are there so many cases if so many cases can be prevented?” Read on to learn more and to learn why.
Brain Degeneration Starts Decades Before Serious Signs
So many people suffer from this debilitating disease because the brain changes that lead to Alzheimer’s begin 20-30 years before an Alzheimer’s diagnosis. So consuming the vitamins and minerals your brain needs to function at its best is not only conducive to firing on all cylinders now, but it’s also imperative to your brain functioning at its best decades from now.
The intense and unquestionable connection between your gut and your brain may be a surprise. You may think of a healthy diet, which includes vitamins and minerals, as a determiner of your waistline and, perhaps, even your skin complexion. Connecting what you put in your mouth to how your brain functions may not be something you thought about–