If you’ve been following this blog for a while, you probably noticed that we like to talk about our research. The Truehope EMPowerplus formula is the most researched micronutrient formula in the world. It has been the subject of 26 academic studies undertaken by over 44 independent researchers at 15 universities around the world.
We have never funded even a single study. We believe this arms-length, hands-off approach better reduces the risk of influence that we could have on the results.
We thought it might be to your benefit and convenience to have a list of research articles discussing EMPowerplus findings, so here it is.
- Clinically Significant Symptom Reduction in Children with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Treated with Micronutrients: An Open-Label Reversal Design Study (Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology, 2015)
- Micronutrient treatment for children with emotional and behavioral dysregulation: a case series (Journal of Medical Case Reports , 2015)
- Vitamin-mineral treatment of ADHD in adults: A one year follow-up of a randomized controlled trial (Journal of Attention Disorders, 2014)
- Psychological functioning 1 year after a brief intervention using micronutrients to treat stress and anxiety related to the 2011 Christchurch earthquakes: a naturalistic follow-up (Human Psychopharmacology Clinical and Experimental , 2014)
- Vitamin-mineral treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in adults: double-blind randomised placebo-controlled trial (The British Journal of Psychiatry, 2014)
- Moderators of treatment response in adults with ADHD treated with a vitamin-mineral supplement (Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry, 2013)
- Could yeast infections impair recovery from mental illness? A case study using micronutrients and olive leaf extract for the treatment of ADHD and depression (Advances in Mind-Body Medicine Journal, 2013)
- Nutritional and safety outcomes from an open-label micronutrient intervention for pediatric bipolar spectrum disorders (Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology, 2013)
- Use of Micronutrients Attenuates Cannabis and Nicotine Abuse as Evidenced From a Reversal Design: A Case Study (Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, 2013)
- Efficacy and cost of micronutrient treatment of childhood psychosis (BMJ Case Reports, 2012)
- Feasibility of a Nutritional Supplement as Treatment for Pediatric Bipolar Spectrum Disorders (The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 2012)
- Shaken but unstirred? Effects of micronutrients on stress and trauma after an earthquake: RCT evidence comparing formulas and doses (Human Psychopharmacology: Clinical and Experimental, 2012)
- Post-Earthquake Psychological Functioning in Adults with Attention-Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder: Positive Effects of Micronutrients on Resilience (New Zealand Journal of Psychology, 2011)
- Can Micronutrients Improve Neurocognitive Functioning in Adults with ADHD and Severe Mood Dysregulation? A Pilot Study (The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 2011)
- Micronutrients reduce stress and anxiety following a 7.1 earthquake in adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (Psychiatry Research, 2011)
- Systematic review of safety and tolerability of a complex micronutrient formula used in mental health (BMC Psychiatry, 2011)
- Effect of micronutrients on behavior and mood in adults with ADHD: evidence from an 8-week open label trial with natural extension (Journal of Attention Disorders, 2011)
- Database analysis of children and adolescents with bipolar disorder consuming a micronutrient formula (BMC Psychiatry, 2010)
- Successful Treatment of Bipolar Disorder II and ADHD with a Micronutrient Formula: A Case Study (CNS Spectrums, 2010)
- Micronutrients versus standard medication management in autism: a naturalistic case-control study (Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology, 2010)
- Successful treatment of OCD with a micronutrient formula following partial response to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): a case study (Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 2009)
- Multinutrient supplement as treatment: literature review and case report of a 12-year-old boy with bipolar disorder (Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology, 2009)
- Database analysis of adults with bipolar disorder consuming a micronutrient formula (Clinical Medicine Insights: Psychiatry, 2009)
- Improved mood and behavior during treatment with a mineral-vitamin supplement: an open-label case series of children (Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology, 2004)
- Nutritional approach to bipolar disorder (Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 2003)
- Treatment of mood lability and explosive rage with minerals and vitamins: two case studies in children (Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology, 2002)
- Do vitamins or minerals (apart from lithium) have mood-stabilizing effects? (Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 2001)
- Effective mood stabilization with a chelated mineral supplement: an open-label trial in bipolar disorder (Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 2001)
Did you like this post? Subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter to stay up to date on new posts.