4 American retailers caught selling mislabelled herbal supplements

Earlier this week, New York Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman publicly announced that 4 American retailers—GNC, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart—had been selling store-brand herbal supplements in New York that didn’t contain what was on the label or contained substances that weren’t on the label.

The Attorney General’s Office tested 7 supplements: echinacea, garlic, ginseng, ginko biloba, saw palmetto, St. John’s Wort, and valerian root. Only 21% of the products tested actually contained the labelled substances, and the other 79% didn’t have the ingredient at all or was contaminated by fillers. When measured on its own, Walmart alone saw that 96% of their products didn’t contain the labelled substance!

Well, that’s one reason we say that EMPowerplus is better than Walmart vitamins.

With tactics like this, it’ll be easy for customers to lose confidence in supermarket supplements. Hopefully, they’ll do their due diligence to confirm whether their own retailers are open and transparent with the products they carry.

Did you know that our EMPowerplus goes through a rigorous and comprehensive 12-step process for each ingredient? it’s our way to ensure quality, consistency, and dependability.

Did you like this post? Subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter to stay up to date on new posts.