By definition, the word essential means absolutely necessary. Unfortunately, though, the world thinks of nutrients, even those deemed essential, as optional.
From money spent to time invested, the food receiving the majority of attention and consumption are those laden with fat, sodium, sugar, and so many preservatives that experts find a hard time calling much of what the U.S. eats food.
Decode “Essential” Nutrition, One Essential Nutrient at a Time
There are six essential nutrients that your body can’t make in the quantity it needs. This deficiency is a massive issue because these six nutrients help prevent disease, encourage growth, and aid in your overall health. When you do not consume the following essential nutrients, you suffer tremendously:
- Support: vision, skin, bones, immune system, healing, and more
- Provide: protection from disease and support for optimal health
- Sources: fruits, vegetables, supplements like EMPowerplus Advanced
- Supports: muscles, cells, bones, skin, hair, hormones, antibodies, and more
- Provides: essential amino acids
- Sources: meat, fish, eggs, beans, soy, nuts, grains
- Support: central nervous system, brain, and more
- Provide: protection against disease
- Sources: whole grains, beans, fiber-rich vegetables and fruits
- HEALTHY FAT
- Supports: vitamin and mineral absorption, blood clotting, building cells, muscle movement, and more
- Provides: balance for blood sugar, help for the brain, and increased protection from heart disease, type 2 diabetes, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease
- Sources: nuts, seeds, fish, vegetable oils (such as olive, avocado, and flaxseed)
- Support: bones, teeth, metabolism, hydration, red blood cells, hormone creation, immune system, healing, and more
- Provide: help maintaining blood pressure,
- Sources: meat, cereals, fish, dairy, fruits, vegetables, nuts, supplements like EMPowerplus Advanced
- Supports: every system in your body, including physical performance and concentration
- Provides: help for brain function and mood, absorption, assistance flushing out toxins, travel for nutrients to cells, prevention of constipation
Your Body Needs Your Help
Just like a child can’t control the food available in their fridge or pantry, your body can’t control what you make it consume. If you listen to your body closely, you’ll discover that it’s begging you for help, but you’re not listening.
From constipation to bloated stomachs to swollen ankles to acid reflux to low energy, your body doesn’t sit idly by when you fail to supply it with the essential nutrients it needs. So instead of immediately chalking pain, disease, sleepless nights, and difficulties with your body up to bad genes or age, consider whether you should be chalking those ailments and illnesses up to your diet lacking the essential nutrients it requires to properly function.
You’ll never regret listening and responding to your body; you’ll only regret ignoring it.
Author: Evelyn Lindell
Certified Health & Wellness Coach