The St. Patrick’s University Hospital in Dublin, Ireland, recently compiled a list of 8 things you should do to take care of your mental health over the holidays.
- Decide which Christmas activities and traditions are most significant to you.
- Make a Christmas budget and stick with it.
- Eat right and get enough sleep and exercise.
- Recognize signs of stress and use relaxation techniques when you begin to get irritated or upset.
- Have realistic expectations of family and friends.
- Make time for yourself.
- Delegate Christmas tasks and ask for help.
- If you experience persistent low mood or anxiety, consider professional help.
Visit their website to read the rest of the details.
Also, check out this list of 12 things to help keep your mental health in check this season.
Photo by puamelia. Used under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic license.