Mental health plays a pivotal role in our quality of life, yet many people tend to only focus on the aspects of it that make it worse, and then react accordingly. However, there are many action items that anyone can implement right now to help improve their mental wellbeing.
Every person is different when it comes to their mental health, but here are some habits that you can add into your life right now that will help improve your mental wellbeing..
- Get your daily vitamins, minerals, and micronutrients – Yes, these things are that important. Just look at the plethora of scientific research that has been completed on Truehope EMPowerplus. EMPowerplus contains 36 vitamins, minerals, and amino acids and provides a broad spectrum, highly absorbable range of nutrients that are essential to brain function.
- Get enough sleep – We all live very busy lives, there’s no doubt about that, but you need to rest your body. A recent research study found that people are 2.5 times more likely to have problems with their mental health if they get less than 6 hours of sleep per night.
- Daily exercise – Of course it’s important to keep your body moving to maintain your physical health, but exercise also does a lot of good for your mental health. One major reason why is that as your heart rate increases with the exercising, your brain is on the receiving end of increased blood flow and oxygen as well.
- Get some sun – In addition to taking your EMPowerplus supplement, you’ll be able to get some additional Vitamin D by enjoying the sunshine a bit each day. Research has shown that Vitamin D can help improve attitude and mood, but just be careful that you’re not getting too much sun and a risk for sunburn.
- Take a break from social media – In case you missed our most recent blog, click here to check it out, because we talked about this specifically. Young people especially struggle due to social media, with there being over a 60% increase in depression rates among those who use the platforms the most.
Keep in mind that it may take a while for a habit to form, but getting started with the above list and trying to form those habits is a definite step in the right direction of improving your mental health. And since it plays such a key role in our overall health, being able to improve it with certain freewill actions is not something to avoid.