We all know that what we eat impacts our overall health, but it also has a major impact on our mental health as well! So to keep your memory sharp and your mental health the best it can be, it’s important to recognize and avoid some of the foods that aren’t good for your brain. Here are five of them.
1. Refined Sugars – We all know that too much sugar isn’t good for our health, but did you know that it can also lead to brain fog? When you consume large amounts of sugar, your blood sugar levels spike sharply. This can lead to feelings of drowsiness and fatigue, making it difficult to focus on tasks. Added sugars are found in a lot of processed foods like cookies, cakes, and candy. They can also be hidden in foods like flavored yogurts, granola bars, and even some salad dressings.
2. Artificial Sweeteners – Artificial sweeteners are often used as a substitute for refined sugar. However, they can actually have the opposite effect. Studies have shown that artificial sweeteners can disrupt the body’s natural ability to regulate blood sugar levels. This can lead to cravings for sugary foods and weight gain. So if you want to keep your focus sharp, stick to natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup.
3. Trans Fats – Trans fats are commonly found in fried foods, processed snacks, and margarine. Like refined sugar, trans fats can lead to weight gain, inflammation, and cognitive decline. So if you’re looking for a sharp memory and focus, steer clear of the fried foods when you can.
4. Processed Meats – Processed meats like bacon, sausage, and deli meats are high in saturated fats and sodium. Both of these can lead to inflammation in the body which can fog your brain and lead to memory loss. So if you’re looking for a sharp memory and focus, stick to leaner meats like chicken or fish.
5. Alcohol – While moderate alcohol consumption has been linked with health benefits like a reduced risk of heart disease and stroke, too much alcohol can actually have a negative effect on the brain. Heavy drinking has been linked with dementia and impaired cognition. So if you want to keep your memory and focus sharp, limit your alcohol intake to one drink per day or less.
Of course, it’s just as important to put the good stuff in to our body as it is to avoid the bad, and that’s why you need to make sure that you’re giving your body (and brain) the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients it really needs to thrive–especially considering the fact that research is showing that mental health issues are due to nutritional deficiencies.
Truehope EMPowerplus promotes a healthier and balanced lifestyle for both your physical and mental health and is the most studied micronutrient formula in history. It is backed by over 35 independent research studies and recommended by doctors all over the world.
And thanks to cutting-edge technology during production, EMPowerplus allows the body to rapidly absorb and use these essential nutrients most effectively. Other multivitamin and mineral products are not formulated to do so.